@WNYsoftball

Monday, May 16, 2011

Katie Gruarin Signs With Niagara

Niagara-Wheatfield High School (Sanborn, NY) outfielder Katie Gruarin has signed a National Letter Of Intent to play softball at Niagara University beginning with the 2012 season. Katie is a versatile batter, who can bunt or hit away. Her high school coach calls her a leader and hard worker.

Gruarin...will take the short drive to Monteagle Ridge this fall to play softball for the Purple Eagles. Providing fuel to the “nature over nurture” camp, the Falcons senior said she too fell in love with her chosen school’s campus and is excited to be a Purple Eagle.

It also helps, she added, that purple is her favorite color.

“I love the campus there,” Gruarin said. “It’s small and they have my major, I want to go for biochemistry.”

While her brother Chris sided with Canisius in the ‘Battle of the Bridge’ Gruarin said the Purple Eagles softball team made Niagara feel like home.

“When I stayed over there everyone was so nice,” she said. “They made me feel like I belong there.

Photo courtesy of Dan Cappellazzo and the Niagara Gazette

No comments: