@WNYsoftball

Friday, July 29, 2011

Amanda Arendt Signs With Niagara



Amherst senior catcher/shortstop Amanda Arendt recently signed a national letter of intent to play softball at Niagara.

"I watched them play a doubleheader when I went on my visit and liked their style of play and how the coach [Al Dirschberger] handled his players," said Arendt. "That's an offensive-minded team and the coach is straight-forward with the players. He expects a lot from them but is not condescending."

Arendt, who is hitting .476 with 14 RBI, has been told Niagara will need a third baseman.

"I'll have to earn a starting spot at third base but the coaches gave me the impression I'll have a chance to contribute immediately," said Arendt. "And I've already played third base, so that won't be a problem."


http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/7085139102095308456/amherst-softball-player-amanda-arendt-signs-letter-of-intent-with-niagara-high-school-newswatch/

Congratulations Amanda!

No comments: