@WNYsoftball

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eileen McCann Turns Blogger!


If you check out the official team sites on the right hand side of this page, you may have noticed weekly blog entries from MAAC home run leader Eileen McCann of the Iona Gaels. I enjoy her blogs very much, and I wish it was something more players would do, because the insight is often interesting.

I found Eileen's blog on how she recently conquered her "fear" of making dives for fly balls interesting and curious. Curious because I have a clear memory of her barreling full speed after a foul ball toward a high steel fence with concrete reinforcement. Yours truly was standing in the spot where it was envisioned she would be crashing through! So I was surprised to read of her (former) reluctance to dive; at any rate, Eileen has added to her already formidable diamond weapons.

Her latest blog is: Gut Checks

No comments: